Current UA StudentsClick or enter to reveal information below
Returning UA StudentsClick or enter to reveal information below
Returning Undergraduate students may return after missing up to two consecutive fall and spring terms without applying for readmission, as long as they are in good academic standing. Students must meet with their academic advisor before they can re-enroll. Summer and Winter sessions do not count as major terms.
Note: If you did not leave the University in good academic standing you must reapply by October 1st. The Summer-Winter Session office does not readmit students. For more information contact the Office of Admissions and New Student Enrollment at the address below.
New Degree-seeking Undergraduate StudentsClick or enter to reveal information below
Incoming freshman and transfer students that will be pursuing a degree through the University of Arizona must submit a Domestic Application for Admission. For more information contact the Office of Admissions and New Student Enrollment at the address below.
Non-degree International StudentsClick or enter to reveal information below
The Summer-Winter Session office does not admit International students. International students attending for the first time but not pursuing a degree through the University of Arizona must contact the Office of Admissions and New Student Enrollment at the address below.
Winter Only Students - DomesticClick or enter to reveal information below
Winter only non-degree seeking application link... Choose winter only application available October 20th.
If you will be attending the University of Arizona for the winter only, please use the application above. Once you fill the application out and submit with payment, the admissions process will begin. Please know it will take about 2-3 business days for your admission to be complete. An email will be sent to you with further instruction, along with your Student ID number and Pin number. This application is good for winter only. It will not allow you to register for Spring 2018.
- Last day to submit a winter only application for admission is December 12, 2017
High School Students - DomesticClick or enter to reveal information below
If you are a high school student and completed the 10th grade, you are eligible to enroll in Winter Session and receive college credit. Complete the steps for winter only admission. Winter only admission does not allow for continuation in the Spring semester and you must reapply each year. You will be notified via email of your admission status, along with instructions on how to register. Students are responsible for determining their own ability to complete college level courses. Please include a letter of permission from your high school principal or counselor, and send it to: Summer-Winter Session, 1401 E University Blvd, Admin. 221G, Tucson, AZ 85721-0066.
Graduate Non-degree StudentsClick or enter to reveal information below
- Please be advised that international applicants will be required to satisfy all conditions listed in the International Applicant Instructions and Information section below. The University of Arizona does not issue visa documents for non-degree studies.
- Consult the Schedule of Classes for registration information.
- Non-degree students are not eligible for scholarships or financial aid.
- No more than twelve (12) graduate units taken as a non-degree student may be eligible to apply toward an advanced degree awarded at the University of Arizona. It is important that you contact your future department concerning the acceptance and total number allowed of non-degree units.
- Academic advising for applicants who have not identified a degree program is available at the Graduate College, Administration Building, Room 322, (520) 621-7815.
- Social Security Number Policy: The disclosure of a student's social security number is voluntary. The social security number will be used to identify student records and to facilitate registration, transcript requests, certification requests and to certify attendance.
Domicile AffidavitClick or enter to reveal information below
- A domicile affidavit must be filed by each domestic applicant (U.S. citizen or national) applying for graduate admission to the University for the first time and by each domestic applicant who is returning after an absence of one or more regular semesters.
- Every person whose domicile is not in the state of Arizona is required by law to pay tuition in addition to other fees and charges. For information contact the Residency Classification Office, Modern Languages Building, Room 347
Measles ImmunizationClick or enter to reveal information below
Proof of immunization against measles and rubella is a University requirement. All students born after December 31, 1956, are required to show proof of immunization against both measles and rubella since 1980. Questions may be addressed to: The University of Arizona, Student Health Service, P.O. Box 210095, Tucson, AZ 85721-0095. Please visit their website for more information: https://www.health.arizona.edu/
International Applicant Instructions & InformationClick or enter to reveal information below
The University of Arizona does not issue visa documents for non-degree studies. You must currently be in the United States on a visa that is valid for the full length of time you wish to study. Please note that some visa types do not permit non-degree studies. You must receive advising and application approval in person from the Graduate Admissions Office or the International Center. Non-degree applications from international applicants will not be accepted through the mail.
As a non-immigrant, you must satisfy the following requirements to be eligible for non-degree admission:
- You must be in good standing with regard to your visa status.
- If you are currently enrolled in study elsewhere, you must be in good academic standing at that institution.
- If English is not your native language, you must submit evidence of a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (213 CBT), taken within two years of your intended date of enrollment. This policy may only be waived if you have completed two years of full-time upper division academic study or have received a bachelor's degree or higher from an institution in the U.S., English-speaking Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia or New Zealand.
- You must have earned a degree that is considered comparable to the U.S. bachelor's degree. You may be required to submit transcripts and/or degree certificates. The Graduate College will determine your eligibility based upon the educational background information you provide.
- For up to date information, please contact the International Admissions office at email@example.com
Application For Graduate Non-degree AdmissionClick or enter to reveal information below
Application for Graduate Non-degree Admission
Mail your application and fee to:
The University of Arizona
P.O. Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85726-0066
Direct future correspondence to:
The University of Arizona
P.O. Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85726-0066
Phone: (520) 621-3471
PDF files require Adobe Acrobat
Summer Field SchoolsClick or enter to reveal information below
In order to attend any classes for credit at the University of Arizona, you must apply to the university so that you are able to register and earn course credit for your attendance.
These courses are held during the summer session. In order to apply to the university, please go to our website, www.summer-winter.arizona.edu and fill out the application. Make sure you choose the SUMMER ONLY application. This application will allow you to get admitted into the university for summer only. You will not be eligible to enroll in the fall semester. If you are a grad student, please contact the grad college at 520-621-3471. You need to submit an application through the grad college.